|Hong Kong Asian Capital Markets Research Prize 2016|
Name: Hong Kong Asian Capital Markets Research Prize 2016
Sponsors: CFA Institute and The Hong Kong Society of Financial Analysts (HKSFA)
Cash prize: US$2,000
The winning paper will be announced and publicized to the Hong Kong and global investment community via:
- a dedicated email to all HKSFA members (6,300), CFA candidates in Hong Kong (8,700), and interested parties (2,000)
- announcement(s) to the global CFA community via regional and global newsletters
- a posting on a dedicated webpage at the HKSFA website:
- an entry at the Research Foundation page of the CFA Institute website:
- complimentary admission(s) for author(s) of the winning paper to attend and be recognized at HKSFA’s 13th Annual Forecast cum Annual Dinner on 25th November, 2016
1. The research prize is designed to encourage research projects that will further improve the standards of practice of Asian investment community.
Research Prize Rules and Regulations:
2. Eligibility: Unpublished investment management research involving at least one full-time or part-time faculty member of a university in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. Collaboration with investment practitioners is strongly encouraged. Research must be:
ii. of practical significance to the investment profession;
iii. research topics focus on the Asian capital market are preferred.
3. Submission closing date is Friday, 23rd September, 2016.
4. Papers are subject to a double blind review process. A panel of referees selects the winning paper based on value to practitioners, quality of content, readability and presentation of the paper. In
determining the winning paper, the “value to practitioners” will have heavier weighting than other criteria.
5. The winning author(s) is(are) expected to conduct a presentation at one of the seminars of HKSFA.
6. The author(s) of the winning paper is(are) strongly encouraged to submit the article to the Financial Analysts Journal (FAJ) published by the CFA Institute The author(s) may submit the manuscripts online after registering at http://www.editorialmanager.com/faj/. The FAJ requires no submission fee.
7. The author(s) of the winning paper shall grant CFA Institute / HKSFA a license to post the paper on the HKSFA, and the Research Foundation of CFA Institute websites, or to distribute to members of CFA Institute / HKSFA. When FAJ or other journal accepts the article for publication and the journal requests to have ownership of copyright, the paper will be arranged to be removed from these websites at the request of the authors.
8. Application Details - Applicants should submit papers with the following details:
ii. Biography of researchers;
iii. An executive summary of the research paper highlighting the significance of the findings to the Asian
iv. All the items listed above should be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com. An e-mail will be sent to
acknowledge receipt of the paper;
v. Authors are encouraged to review FAJ submission guidelines on the CFA Institute website:
vi. The body of the paper should be six to nine thousand words in length.
9. By submitting their papers, the authors agree to be bounded by the rules and regulations stipulated herewith.
10. To ensure quality of research awards, CFA Institute / HKSFA reserves the right to withhold the research prize in any particular year when there is no deserving paper.
11. For further enquiries, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact HKSFA at 2523 2506.
About the CFA Institute:
CFA Institute is the global association of investment professionals that sets the standard for professional excellence and credentials. The organization is a champion for ethical behavior in investment markets and a respected source of knowledge in the global financial community. The end goal: to create an environment where investors’ interests come first, markets function at their best, and economies grow. CFA Institute has more than 135,000 members in 150 countries and territories, including 129,000 CFA charterholders, and 144 member societies. www.cfainstitute.org
About The Hong Kong Society of Financial Analysts:
The Hong Kong Society of Financial Analysts (HKSFA, the Society) is a non-profit organization founded in 1992 by a group of CFA charterholders in Hong Kong. The Society currently has over 6,300 members (as at June 2016), and is one of the largest member societies of CFA Institute. The Society is mostly run by member volunteers with the support of a team of professional staff. HKSFA shares the mission of CFA Institute in raising the professional and ethical standard of financial analysts and investment practitioners through our continuing education events and advocacy effort. In addition to promoting the CFA designation in Hong Kong, the Society aims to provide a forum for our members, CFA Institute, other investment practitioners and regulators. HKSFA is recognised by The Securities and Futures Commission as an institution for providing Continuous Professional Training. Continuing Education programs and seminars organised by HKSFA are qualified for CPT hours. More information about HKSFA may be found at www.hksfa.org.
About the Financial Analysts Journal:
The goal of the Financial Analysts Journal (FAJ) is to advance the knowledge and understanding of the practice of investment management through the publication of high-quality, practitioner-relevant research. The FAJ publishes articles on investment analysis, investment management, and related subjects for a sophisticated readership dominated by the investment-practitioner members of CFA Institute. For more information, please go to
About the Research Foundation of the CFA Institute:
The Research Foundation of CFA Institute is a not-for-profit organization established to promote the development and dissemination of relevant research for investment practitioners worldwide. It commits to identify, fund, and publish research that is relevant to the CFA Institute global body of knowledge and useful for CFA Institute member investment practitioners and investors. Since 1965, the Research Foundation in its many iterations has funded, published, and distributed relevant monographs and tutorials dedicated to the interests of the investment professional. For more information, please see www.cfainstitute.org/foundation.