Continuing Education Events | HKSFA-HKEX Portfolio Management Competition 2017 | HKSFA Best Research Report Competition | Event Calendar | Networking Events | HKSFA 13th Annual Forecast Cum Annual Dinner | Hong Kong Asian Capital Markets Research Prize 2016 | Quant Portfolio & Risk Management Intensive Course | CFA Institute Research Challenge Hong Kong Local Final 2016-17 | Career Development | Social Events | Monthly Happy Hour Gathering CANCELLED FROM FEB 2017 ONWARDS | Free Events | Adverse Weather Policy
|Advanced Financial Analysis Series - Advanced Financial Modeling : Core Model [Complete]||Event Code: 170308W|
|Time||08:45 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Venue||HKSFA Office, 14/F, BOC Group Life Assurance Tower, 136 Des Voeux Road Central, Hong Kong|
|Speaker(s)|| Mr. Hamilton Lin, CFA
Wall St. Training
HKSFA Member(s) at HK$2,500.0/person
CFA Candidate(s) at HK$4,000.0/person
Guest(s) and Non-member(s) at HK$4,000.0/person
|This seminar is qualified for||6.5 CPT hour(s), 6.5 CE hour(s), 6.5 RBV CPD hour(s)|
HKSFA is proud to present our “Advanced Financial Analysis Series" held in conjunction with Wall St. Training. The Advanced Financial Analysis Series will provide practical, career-enhancing programs related to fundamental analysis, valuation and financial modeling. This series of hands-on workshops will consist of the following full-day programs:
The goal of these programs is to improve and elevate the skill sets of the financial analyst and the investment professional. Heavy emphasis is placed on being as effective and efficient as possible with Excel. If you are interested in improving your financial modeling and valuation skills, or are in the midst of a career transition, these courses are for you!
Wall St. Training (www.wallst-training.com) provides professional financial training solutions to Wall Street through hands-on classroom training and customized corporate training programs for financial analysis which take a hands-on, interactive, practical, non-theoretical approach. The instructor, Wall St. Training’s President and Founder, Hamilton Lin, CFA, has trained numerous major financial services firms including Bank of America/Merrill Lynch, Capital Group, CLSA, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Fidelity, GE Business Development & Private Equity, Goldman Sachs, Greenhill, ING, JPMorgan, Lazard, Morgan Stanley, Oppenheimer, TD Securities, TIAA-CREF, TPG, UOB, Wells Fargo, World Bank – IFC and many others. Wall St. Training also provides financial modeling training courses to most of the largest CFA Institute societies around the world.
Highlights of the Workshop:
Build a fully integrated financial statement projection model with income statement projections, a self-balancing balance sheet, an automated cash flow statement, and the balancing cash flow sweep/debt schedule. While knowledge of advanced accounting concepts is not required for this course, you should possess knowledge of basic accounting ratios and a basic understanding of how the major financial statements are inter-related. Emphasis is placed on the integration of the major financial statements and becoming experts in Excel. Incorporate different methodologies to forecasting the different types of assets on the balance sheet and compare and contrast with projecting liabilities. Learn how to balance a model utilizing the debt sweep and the revolver and not using any “plugs”. Appreciate the danger of and properly control for circular references. Avoid messy nested “if” statements!! You will leave the classroom with a fully constructed model that can be customized and applied to other companies. The final model is a fully scalable model that can be added upon.
• Build an integrated set of financials, including IS, BS & CF statements
• Learn how to balance a model utilizing debt sweep and no “plugs”
• Become super-efficient in Excel through intensive use of keyboard shortcuts
• Intensive focus on correct financial modeling approaches & best practices
5-Year Financial Statement Projection Model:
• How do you project an IS from revenues and expenses down to Net Income?
• What are the different methodologies to forecasting the different types of assets on the balance sheet and how do they compare and contrast with projecting liabilities?
• How do you project the shareholders’ equity account?
• What is the importance of financial ratios in building the balance sheet projections?
• How do you approach building an integrated cash flow statement?
• How do you build each component of the cash flow statement and why is cash the last item to project?
Integration and Balancing of Financial Model:
• Balance the model using the debt schedule and debt sweep logic – the most important analysis in terms of balancing the model!!
• How does the cash actually flow through the model?
• Incorporate automatic debt payments and use cash generated to either pay down debt or build cash
• How does the revolver facility actually balance the model?
• Avoid messy nested “if” statements!!
• How does the BS and financial statements balance without the use of “plugs”?
• How are the financial statements integrated using the Interest schedule?
• What are circular references, why should they be avoided and how to get around circular references
*Rating - Advanced
(Highly focused technical presentations of interest to participants with a high level of technical knowledge in the subject area.)
Click here to download the event flyer for further details.