Add to Calendar
Since 2008, low interest rates have fuelled the growth of real estate capital values, and many investors have generated impressive returns from investing in this asset class. With the tail-winds that fuelled this upcycle tapering, what does 2019 and beyond hold for real estate?
In our meetings with investors, the questions that come up most often are:
• Will the Hong Kong real estate market fall next year?
• Should I buy in Vietnam, UK, Japan, etc?
• What will be the effect of the USA-China trade war on property prices?
• Is now a good time to sell?
• Which markets and sectors should I be looking at?
• Has Brexit been priced in to UK property prices?
• How can I position myself to take advantage should prices fall?
• Where are you investing?
This informal lunch talk will cover:
• Real estate investment outlook for 2019
• How to generate returns in real estate
• Prospects of various markets and sectors
• What are the signs that signal a downturn
• Positioning for 2019 and beyond
About the Speaker
Mr. Colin Bennett, CFA
Founder & Managing Director
Born and raised in Hong Kong, Mr. Colin Bennett has over 15 years of experience in real estate investments. Prior to founding Kaplink, Colin worked with CBRE's capital markets and investments team, advising institutional and individual investors on their real estate requirements across all sectors. He has a first-class degree from Cambridge University and is a CFA® charterholder. He is fluent in English, Japanese and Mandarin.
Founded in 2012, Kaplink Limited is a real estate investment management firm headquartered in Hong Kong. Kaplink specialises in real estate deal sourcing, analysis, structuring, capital raising, execution, and management, with a focus on financing income generating and value-add assets in developed markets.